In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 28 November 2011

The Long, Slow Death of a Twenty-Something (2011)

This indie comedy plays like the poor man's Clerks (wait a minute, Clerks was the poor man's Clerks...). A slacker's happy existence is thrown into misery when his longtime girlfriend breaks up with him and he's forced to examine the value of his life. He decides to dress and act the part of a popular douchebag in order to re-attract her feelings for him...and it works, until he realizes that the other half lives just as bad. This movie pissed me off more than once which accounts for the low score, but there's a speech near the end about my generation that nearly had me get off my ass and start cheering in my own bedroom.

2 blue red squares out of 5

No comments: