In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Prom Night (1980)

Scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis follows up her successful Halloween and The Fog run with... this piece of shit. I'm sure it was pitched by the studio execs as Halloween meets Carrie, although it fails miserably on both counts. A group of kids accidentally (?) murder one of their own and years later, a mysterious killer comes back to off the remaining kids. Featuring Leslie Nielsen during his serious years, this is easily one of the worst horror movies ever made (how this warranted an even worse remake is beyond me). So why did I watch it, you ask? Well...

1 corny corsage out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

I've never actually seen any of these films to be honest. Was never really all that interested. These Nuts make me think I'm better off keeping it that way.

budarc said...

Yeah...they held up better in my memory.

Well, if anyone ever puts a gun to your head and forces you to choose one, just go with 2. None of the movies really have anything to do with the each other anyway.