In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)


“I’ll get you, my pretty. And your little soul, too!”
The most ridiculous one yet. It’s like they just threw all logic out the window for one last big cheesefest. And you know what? I love it. It’s hilarious. It’s both cartoonish and broad, there are cameos galore, plus it added the gimmick of 3D in theatres for an “interactive” portion of the film, which all makes it a unique gem. It almost serves as a send-up of the entire series, which I guess was for the best since this was intended to the “final” nightmare. There are moments that are very bizarre and probably the most representative of dream consciousness, which is always shifting and never consistent and a little bit dizzying and confusing. R.I.P. indeed.
3 nails on the chalkboard out of 5

No comments: