In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Zookeeper (2011)


Dr. Dolittle meets Night at the Museum. Not exactly a happy marriage. Kevin James does his manic energy routine as the zookeeper trying to win back his ex, as the zoo animals attempt to show him their ways of getting a mate. This involves a scene taking a gorilla to TGI Friday's. It sounds stupid, but I actually laughed out loud more than I expected I would. Still more enjoyable than Mr. Popper's Penguins.

(Sidenote: Makes me wonder if kids will start jumping into bear and lion exhibits, thinking the animals will talk to them and be friendly.)

2.5 "fat man fall down, ha ha" shtick moments out of 5

2 comments:

budarc said...

Pet peeve: I hate how in these kinds of movies, the goofy, fat and/or ugly guys always have hot supermodel type babes. What the fuck is up with that? It's bullshit and always takes me out of the movie right away.

Another half a star taken away right there. :P

cuckoo said...

:loldata:

I don't think they're meant to get you involved in the movie that way.

...or at least, god...I hope not.