In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 25 September 2011

Suck (2009)

It's either very brave, very stupid or playfully ironic to call your movie Suck when it does. A so-called 'comedy' about a so-called 'rock' band that... suck. Draft in some rock stars for a readymade audience. Throw meat at Moby the vegan? Have Alice Cooper say “Welcome to my Nightmare,” and turn Henry Rollins into an asshole? Oh, the ironic hilarity. I struggled to make it to twenty minutes. The FFW button is my friend; it will likely be yours too.

0 something funny and ironic that is neither out of 5

3 comments:

cuckoo said...

XD Glad I skipped this and went with "Get Low" instead, when I came to that fork in the road.

Dr Faustus said...

It's worse than the worst episodes of Buffy, which it at times tries to emulate. If it wasn't for Alice I'd have given up completely.

budarc said...

Thanks for getting to this before me. Now I can cross it off my shitlist. :P