In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 22 August 2011

Profondo Rosso (1975)

AKA: Deep Red
Admittedly, this is the only Argento movie I've seen besides Suspiria. I remember not liking it too much at the time, but it left an indelible impression nonetheless (especially that Goblin score). He's all about the style, and this one does not disappoint on that front. There were some creepy moments, but I felt they were too few and far in-between to feel consistent with the whole. That, and the editing/pacing felt off, which I think has to do with the 104-minute version I saw (the original cut is 126 minutes, apparently).

 3 out of 5.

1 comment:

Dr Faustus said...

Goddamn creepy doll. 0_0
I watched this a while back.
There has been talk of a 3D remake. *cringe*