In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 22 August 2011

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)

This movie made me feel like I was on drugs. At once incomprehensible and wildly over-the-top, Johnny Depp (channelling the manic energy of Jim Carrey) and Benicio Del Toro relish in their roles with glee. It seems impossible to follow while sober, which unfortunately I was, but there are some cool trippy effects if you can stay awake for all of it. Otherwise, I'm guessing you're better off just taking the drugs.

1.5 psychedelic lizard people out of 5

1 comment:

cuckoo said...

yeah...if you aren't on drugs it's a 1.5 for me.

On drugs....it's a 3.

I saw it for the first time high on acid and I had the worst trip. I think I was ended up in the bathtub with a knife. :loldata: