In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Breakfast of Champions (1999)

Based on the Kurt Vonnegut novel (I don't know how faithful it is), this strange, off-putting "comedy" of sorts stars Bruce Willis as a used car salesman who becomes obsessed with some writer or another...I don't know. I couldn't make heads or tails out of anything in this movie. It made about as much sense to me as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (which I also plan to revisit soon). It simply tries too hard to be kooky for its own good, with its incomprehensible mess of a plot and collection of unhinged, neurotic characters.
At the very least, this movie introduced me to the music of Martin Denny.

0 Cross-Dressing Nick Noltes out of 5

No comments: